Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ba’kelalan dream

I often get a little sentimental when a wonderful holiday draws to a close. The 6 days we spent in the Kelabit highlands were most memorable. I remember my time there as vividly as it was yesterday...

 

I hope I can get around to posting more photos taken during my trip. For now, here’s one taken on the flight back to Kuching…

 

murudtrip

 

As our little plane entered the Kuching airspace and began to descend, the sun too bade goodbye and slowly sunk out of sight in the west, bathing the eastern horizon in a surreal, warm glow. The bright white tops of the distant clouds too, slowly turned gray and dark from the bottom up like a stage curtain drawn at the end of a play, only upside down!

 

Bakelalan and Mt Murud had left lasting memories. As did Lambir, Niah and all the wonderful people we met.

 

Upon touch down, i knew it was time to wake up, the dream had come to an end. But i shall be lulled to sleep again soon, to dream with the beautiful Lunbawangs, the golden rice paddies, the fresh mountain air and all the natural beauty that made me appreciate just how lucky i am to live on this land, my home called Borneo.

1 comment:

YOKUITI said...

How much did you pay for your trip to Berkalalan?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...