Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Have a beautiful Christmas and holiday to all my blog visitors! And, to my faithful readers, thank you so much for visiting my very modest blog even if I haven’t much content yet. Though I haven’t many readers, if even just one person visits often, that gives me enough motivation to continue to write here. So thank you once again, may you have a pleasant holiday season. Let’s all usher in 2010 with hope for a better year!!

 

Here are more December blooms from my species orchids before the year is out:

 

DSCF2590 DSCF2591

Thrixspermum amplexicaule – one of the very first orchid species I came to know, it has great sentimental value though it is a common orchid (no commercial value) here.

 

DSCF2595 DSCF2596 

Dendrobium secundum – another relatively common wild orchid found growing in fruit orchards and rubber plantations. Common name, brush orchid. Also one of the first few that started my hobby.

 

DSCF2611 DSCF2612

Liparis species. The inflorescence on this one unusually ends in enlarged bracts (or leaves?).

 

DSCF2615 DSCF2617

One of my favorite Phalaenopsis bellina plants. I love the green on the flowers and hope to get a pod on this for flasking on the next bloom.

 

DSCF2632 DSCF2634

Bulbophyllum dearei. My plants are doing very well and this was a surprise find, very happy to see it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...