Monday, November 23, 2009

Kuching Kolo Mee with a twist

Kuching_Kolo_Mee
Click picture for larger size.

We always begin our outings with a quick breakfast. Here in Kuching, breakfast of choice for those on a hectic schedule is a bowlful of lard. ha! Since I was not the one driving that day, I just went with the flow and ended up in this random corner kopitiam somewhere in nowhere.

What’s in it? Pork, pork, pork and more pork. Pork intestines (chitlins as they call it in the States), pork liver, ground pork meat, char-siew pork slices, leafy veges and fish-cake. All that’s missing is a fish-ball. The intestine I could do without, but I forced myself to eat it anyway (tasteless actually) so I can say I ate the whole thing haha. To see which is which, view the notes here (click this).

Also came with a bowl of soup with spring onions, meat and pork-blood cubes! The kolo mee (handmade noodles) were a bit overcooked however, which spoilt the texture of the noodles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...