Saturday, December 17, 2011

A good dose of Vitamin D!

padawan_hills_sarawak
Scenic: View of surrounding hills 

Today I nearly passed out while walking in the hot sun... it was SO HOT I could feel my brains frying inside my head. Towel and cap did no good. Had to rest several times in what little shade I could find along the open track. Scenic views along the way but I do wonder why I punish myself so sometimes…

pocket_sized_waterfall 
Pocket-sized waterfall.

On the bright side, I was down with the flu last night but after much sweating and sun exposure today, I feel a lot better. Heading out again tomorrow, hope to find some nice waterfalls!

3 comments:

vinesandspines said...

did you get delirious? in late summer during our hurricane season i'll paddle around the florida keys and explore the islands. most of them are just mangrove islands and then i just explore the tunnels through them. its boiling hot (33-35 C w/80-100% humidity) and you somewhat lose your mind from the heat. doesnt matter how much water you drink i now use your explanation from your bako hike "its like a leaky bag of water on your head".

vinesandspines said...

you punish yourself because there are awesome things to see out there you dont want to miss + the challenge.

sarawaklens said...

@vines, no i didn't get to that stage. I made fquent stops so that helped.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...