Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year 2012 everyone!

hill_paddy_padi_bukit
My 100th and last entry in 2011! Less than one more hour and it’ll be 2012! How time flies! The old year had been a good one but here’s hoping 2012 will be an even better for everyone. Good health is the number one thing I’m wishing for, for myself and for everyone else out there! Got to stay healthy for more fun adventures ahead!

I went hiking quite often in 2011 (and in years past) but I didn’t post or write about my nearly weekly treks like I used to, no time for that anymore! Perhaps in the future I’ll share at least one or two photos in quick, short entries.

Looking forward to the new year; got more exciting trips and treks lined up! Besides my weekly treks with my outdoor friends, I’ll be heading to Mulu again very soon, then to a few more places in Sabah and northern Sarawak.

The photo above was taken the day I nearly passed out (see A Good Dose of Vitamin D) while hiking in the hot sun! It shows a tall hill planted with padi huma or hill paddy in southwest Sarawak. I really admire the farmers who work these hills and tend to their crops in the sun every day!!
Anyway, here’s wishing everyone a wonderful year ahead and thanks for dropping by my simple blog!

2 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Don't forget to wear a hat. In my school, kids have to wear hats in summer.

sarawaklens said...

Ann, I always do when hiking in the sun. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...